Home    Reviews    Review Policy    About BAM    Double Dose

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Wishlist Wednesday (8)

Marisa:

Wings by Aprilynne Pike

Laurel was mesmerized, staring at the pale things with wide eyes. They were terrifyingly beautiful—too beautiful for words.

Laurel turned to the mirror again, her eyes on the hovering petals that floated beside her head. They looked almost like wings.

In this extraordinary tale of magic and intrigue, romance and danger, everything you thought you knew about faeries will be changed forever.

I've always like reading about faeries and this one sounds interesting. A lot of people have said they loved this book so I really want to buy it!!



Briana:

Coffeehouse Angel by Suzanne Selfors

From the author of Saving Juliet comes a romantic comedy that is good to the last drop. When Katrina spots a homeless guy sleeping in the alley behind her grandmother’s coffee shop, she decides to leave him a cup of coffee, a bag of chocolate-covered coffee beans, and some pastries to tide him over. Little does she know that this random act of kindness is about to turn her life upside down. Because this adorable vagrant, Malcolm, is really a guardian angel on a break between missions. And he won’t leave until he can reward Katrina’s selflessness by fulfilling her deepest desire. Now if only she could decide what that might be . . .

I've heard nothing but great things about this book. It comes out today (Yay!) , but since I entered a bunch of contests to win it, I'll wait until they're over. Wish me luck :)

Oh and by the way, the author of this book (Suzanne Selfors) is looking for the model on the cover. The agency closed and she wants to get in touch with her. If anyone knows who she is or how to get in touch with her, let her know by contacting her through her website.

www.suzanneselfors.com



Arielle:

North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley

As he continued to stare, I wanted to point to my cheek and remind him, But you were the one who wanted this, remember? You're the one who asked-and I repeat-Why not fix your face?

It's hard not to notice Terra Cooper.

She's tall, blond, and has an enviable body. But with one turn of her cheek, all people notice is her unmistakably "flawed" face. Terra secretly plans to leave her stifling small town in the Northwest and escape to an East Coast college, but gets pushed off-course by her controlling father. When an unexpected collision puts Terra directly in Jacob's path, the handsome but quirky Goth boy immediately challenges her assumptions about herself and her life, and she is forced in yet another direction. With her carefully laid plans disrupted, will Terra be able to find her true path?


I heard this was a good book and every time I go to Barnes and Noble I read the back of it. It sounds interesting and the cover catches my eye. I like the title too, its different.

3 comments:

  1. Hmm I want this book, although fairies aren't on my Fav list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coffeehouse Angel sounds so cute, and I really want to read it. I have Wings in my TBR pile, and I'm hoping it will be good.

    - Alex

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read Wings sooo bad but I'm totally pissed that Miley Cyrus is going to star in the movie!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! We love to hear from you!