Home    Reviews    Review Policy    About BAM    Double Dose

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Books Turned Into Film News


Yay!!! Omg when I saw this I was soo excited! The Hunger Games is a really amazing book. I read it in two days! And now it's going to be turned into a movie which is totally awesome! The movie will definitely be great because the book was full of action, suspense, twists and turns and romance. I can't wait for the movie to come out!

Lionsgate announced today that it has acquired worldwide distribution rights to the film version of Suzanne Collins' best-selling futuristic young adult novel The Hunger Games. Collins will adapt the screenplay from her novel, the first in a trilogy. Nina Jacobson is producing through her Color Force shingle. The announcement was made by Joe Drake, Lionsgate President, Motion Picture Group, and Co-Chief Operating Officer. "The Hunger Games" was published by Scholastic last year, and has been singled out for raves by "Twilight" author Stephenie Meyer. The trilogy's eagerly anticipated second installment, "Catching Fire," is due out September 1, 2009. Lionsgate President of Motion Picture Production, Alli Shearmur, will oversee the production for the studio, along with Lionsgate Senior Vice President of Motion Picture Production, Jim Miller.

Click here to see more information!

-Marisa


5 comments:

  1. Okay..so I know Marisa posted this and I could probably just add my thoughts in the post. But I rather make a comment, it seems easier. ha.

    I am soooo excited for this book to be a movie! OMG I loved the book! It was insanely good and I cant stop thinking about it! It just leaves you on your toes the entire time!! I hope the movie is half as good as the book, that would just be amazing! I cant wait!! I am so happy to hear this news!!! :)

    I'm a dork if you haven't realized that yet. ha.
    -Arielle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't read this book yet but it sounds awesome! I'll need to check it out.

    And OMG OMG OMG!!! I LOVE your new header. It's PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it amazing? Just Blinded Book reviews did the header and my layout. It's incredible.

    -Briana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm surprised (but excited!). As long as they don't cut stuff out of it to make it a "PG" movie....

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have no idea how ecstatic I am about this. So excited.
    But I am a little worried that they'll try to make it a more kid-friendly movie. I don't want all the good stuff to get cut out!
    But since Suzanne Collins is adapting it herself, I think it'll all turn out okay. :)
    As long as they pick an extremely hot guy to be Peeta...haha.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! We love to hear from you!