Home    Reviews    Review Policy    About BAM    Double Dose

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Eclipse Movie News: Bryce Dallas Howard will replace Rachelle (Victoria) in Eclipse.



Briana: Um, WTF?! This is NOT cool. First of all, changing actors is the worst idea possible for ANY movie. Second of all... I LOVE RACHELLE! She was the PERFECT Victoria. I am deeply upset by this. I know it's just a movie, but Rachelle was my absolute favorite actress in Twilight. Not Kristen, not Robert, not Jackson and not even Ashley. Rachelle was my favorite and this really sucks.

THE TWILIGHT SAGA ADDS ACTRESS BRYCE DALLAS HOWARD TO FILM FRANCHISE

Actress Rachelle Lefevre Will Be Replaced By Howard In The Role Of VictoriaLos Angeles – July 28, 2009 – Summit Entertainment announced today that Bryce Dallas Howard will take over the role of “Victoria” in the studio’s upcoming production of THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE. Actress, Rachelle Lefevre, who portrayed the character in TWILIGHT as well as the upcoming release of THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON, will not continue in the role due to scheduling conflicts with another commitment the actor has made. THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE will start filming in Vancouver this coming August.

THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE, the third film in the studio’s TWILIGHT film franchise based on Stephenie Meyer’s blockbuster book series, will be directed by David Slade from a screenplay written by Melissa Rosenberg. The film will be released theatrically in North America on Wednesday, June 30, 2010.

“We are incredibly happy that Bryce has agreed to come into the franchise,” said Erik Feig, Summit’s President of Worldwide Production and Acquisitions. “Rachelle brought “Victoria” to great screen life and Bryce will bring a new dimension to the character. The franchise is lucky to have such a talented actress as Bryce coming in to fill the role.”

Howard most recently starred in TERMINATOR SALVATION as Kate Connor and has been seen in SPIDER-MAN 3, LADY IN THE WATER, and THE VILLAGE. She was nominated for a Golden Globe for her leading performance as an actress in the HBO film AS YOU LIKE IT.

In THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger as Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob — knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella is confronted with the most important decision of her life.

Howard is represented by ICM and Management 360

11 comments:

  1. ...I don't even know what to say. I mean, I guess they have no choice since Lefevre has scheduling conflicts, but it still sucks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm I wasn't as big of a fan of Twilight series as everyone has been. Who did she play? I hate when they change characters mid way. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh this sucks. I'm not hugely into the Twilight movies, but still. It's awful when a character is changed- it's just not the same at all. Plus, I actually liked Rachelle a lot. I'm sure Bryce Dallas Howard can do a good job too, but it's just not the same...

    - Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with all of you! And even if you don't like Twilight, you have to admit that it really sucks when you change actors.

    Margo,

    She played Victoria. She was the red-haired girl and James' mate.

    -Briana

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOHHHHHHH! Ok. I went to another site and saw who they are changing her for * i think??* still SHAME ON THEM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so with you! THEY CAN'T CHANGE CASTING ON US NOW!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my lord, that is SO uncool.
    They should never change any of the actors or actresses in ANY movie, let alone RACHELLE from TWILIGHT!

    Ugh, now I'm angry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I completely agree! I thought that Vitctoria's character was cast the best out of everyone. Not only did Rachelle look the part, but she played it perfectly. Yet another reason to be deeply disappointed in the TWILIGHT film saga. *le sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I heard that the originally actresses playing Victoria has a scheduling conflict and couldn't film. But then I also heard she had no idea about the switch. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah I was going to post some more articles but I have a feeling people would get sick of hearing about it. Not everyone loves Twilight as much as I do haha.

    -Briana

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! We love to hear from you!