Home    Reviews    Review Policy    About BAM    Double Dose

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Anatomy of a Boyfriend


Daria Snadowsky

Published 2008

272 Pages

Rating: C

I'm not going to lie, I wanted to read this book because I knew it would be a sexy, steamy read. I knew how graphic this book was going to be because in the book store I opened up to the middle of the book and definitely did not miss the extreme sexual activity. I swear, I'm not a pervert, but every girl wants to read something that they feel they shouldn't be reading ... right?

Before this all happened, the closest I'd ever come to getting physical with a guy was playing the board game Operation. Okay, so maybe that sounds pathetic, but it's not like there were any guys at my high school who I cared to share more than three words with, let alone my body.

Then I met Wes, a track star senior from across town. Maybe it was his soulful blue eyes, or maybe my hormones just started raging. Either way, I was hooked. And after a while, he was too. I couldn't believe how intense my feelings became, or the fact that I was seeing—and touching—parts of the body I'd only read about in my Gray's Anatomy textbook. You could say Wes and I experienced a lot of firsts together that spring. It was scary. It was fun. It was love.

And then came the fall.

Basically, this book was exactly what I thought it was going to be, nothing more. Girl meets boy, they talk and flirt, eventually get together, and finally have sex. I just didn't feel much in this story, it was kind of plain and boring. It hardly brought out any emotion in me, it didn't make me feel for the character. I'm sure other people would disagree with me, but that's just how I feel.

Dominique made some really stupid choices and I would definitely not think of her to be any kind of role model. She was constantly thinking about Wes and it wasn't the cute "I miss him so much, I love him!", it was mostly just her thinking about how much she wanted to get into his pants and how to do that. I really shouldn't be complaining though since that's basically what the cover and synopsis describes.

Even though I didn't enjoy this book that much, I'm sure a lot of others will, but beware: The sex scenes are very, VERY detailed. I recommend you be at least 15-16 to read this book, depending on your level of maturity.

-B

1 comment:

  1. I always thought the cover was funny.

    Thanks for the comment on my review =)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! We love to hear from you!