Home    Reviews    Review Policy    About BAM    Double Dose

Friday, June 3, 2011

My First BEA Experience (Part 1)




As some of you may know, I attended the infamous Book Expo America! Yes this post is a little late, but I couldn't find my camera cord and well, you know... there has to be pictures in this post. So I borrowed a camera cord and am so ready to show you guys the amazing-ness of BEA, or at least what I was able to capture through a lens. I'll try my best to go in depth enough but not too much so it's ridiculously long!

Day One (Sunday): I arrived in NY around 4:00, as far as I remember. Lexie and Jen (read below for info on bloggers) picked me up at Port Authority and took me to the hotel so I could drop off my bags. After we dropped off my bags, we went back to Port Authority to grab some grub and then back to the hotel! That night, my roomies Jen, Lexie, Taschima and I compared our schedules for BEA. It was a pretty relaxing night and was good to rest before the madness about to come our way.

Day Two (Monday): I am not a morning person, but I have to say I didn't mind getting up early on Monday since we were going to have an exciting, yet another relaxing day. We went to the Javits Center and then headed to the... HARRY POTTER EXHIBIT! Not as exciting as Harry Potter World (FL), I know. But don't get me wrong, there aren't any complaints here! If you guys are in NYC, definitely spend the $25 (?) and visit the exhibit! Anyway, my roomies and I met up with Emily, Nikki and Danielle!

After the HPE, we went to get pizza in a church. Yep, you read right. We had pizza in a church, specifically John's Pizza (Danielle's recommendation.) Before Teen Author Carnival, we headed to The Strand bookstore. This was my first downfall of NYC. I purchased 14 books at The Strand. Now that was fun carrying around NYC; can you say blisters? Teen Author Carnival was a really fun experience and SO many people were there! I kind of wish we wore badges like we did at BEA so we would know who everyone is! =P

At one point after TAC, we met up with Amelia and Tegan! Sadly, Amelia didn't come to Dave and Busters with us for dinner, but dang that food was GOOD. Is there any way to request to bring a Dave and Busters to my town? Later that night we came back to the hotel and just hung out for a while and compared schedules once again.

I'm waiting for Jen to post her part 2 so I can look at that to make sure I don't miss any events that went down since I was with her pretty much 24/7. Is that cheating?


Bloggers:

Lexie is from Poisoned Rationality.
Taschima from Bloody Bookaholic.
Emily from Red House Books.
Danielle from Frenzy of Noise.
Non-bloggers (AMAZING people):

Taschima's mom Suzan!
Taschima's friend Chaz!

1 comment:

  1. Bri, I kinda love how you need to wait for Jen to post about BEA, so it can jog your memory. But I get it. I couldn't remember anything and had to ask Danielle over and over what we did. And I wrote my post when we were still in NYC.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! We love to hear from you!