Home    Reviews    Review Policy    About BAM    Double Dose

Saturday, December 19, 2009

In My Mailbox (27)

In My Mailbox was created by The Story Siren. Click here to learn more about it.

Marisa: I got a really good book for review this week. Oh and by the way, I will be leaving to go visit family soon for the holidays so I won't be on the blog for a little while. I'm going to wish everybody a Merry Christmas in advance. Hope you all have a great Christmas!



The Demon's Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan

Nick and his brother, Alan, have spent their lives on the run from magic. Their father was murdered, and their mother was driven mad by magicians and the demons who give them power. The magicians are hunting the Ryves family for a charm that Nick's mother stole -- a charm that keeps her alive -- and they want it badly enough to kill again. Danger draws even closer when a brother and sister come to the Ryves family for help. The boy wears a demon's mark, a sign of death that almost nothing can erase...and when Alan also gets marked by a demon, Nick is des-perate to save him. The only way to do that is to kill one of the magicians they have been hiding from for so long. Ensnared in a deadly game of cat and mouse, Nick starts to suspect that his brother is telling him lie after lie about their past. As the magicians' Circle closes in on their family, Nick uncovers the secret that could destroy them all.

This book sounds great!! I can't wait to read it :)

(Briana and Arielle may post later.)

7 comments:

  1. Hm, I actually reviewed this one over on my blog and thought it was okay. It had potential, but I couldn't connect with the characters. That's just my opinion though, so I hope you enjoy! And have a nice trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Demons Lexicon is fantastic. I read it directly after reading City Of Bones (which is the most awesome book in the whole world!) and it did not dissapoint!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a brilliant book - one of my favourite reads recently. I think you'll really enjoy it. Have a lovely Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I've really been wanting to read this! Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this one on my shelf. I really need to get it read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting to read this one for AGES! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! We love to hear from you!