Home    Reviews    Review Policy    About BAM    Double Dose

Saturday, August 22, 2009

In My Mailbox (11)

In My Mailbox was created by The Story Siren. Click here to learn more about it.

Briana: This is basically the last week that I'll actually be receiving the books I get in my mailbox! They'll be at home waiting for me though, which is still awesome. Oh and by the way, thanks for the nominations on the awards guys! You're so sweet :)



After by Amy Efaw

An infant left in the trash to die. A teenage mother who never knew she was pregnant . . .

Before That Morning, these were the words most often used to describe straight-A student and star soccer player Devon Davenport: responsible, hardworking, mature. But all that changes when the police find Devon home sick from school as they investigate the case of an abandoned baby. Soon the connection is made—Devon has just given birth; the baby in the trash is hers. After That Morning, there's only one way to define Devon: attempted murderer.

And yet gifted author Amy Efaw does the impossible— she turns Devon into an empathetic character, a girl who was in such deep denial that she refused to believe she was pregnant. Through airtight writing and fast-paced, gripping storytelling, Ms. Efaw takes the reader on Devon's unforgettable journey toward clarity, acceptance, and redemption.

I won this from a contest over at Reverie Book Reviews. Thanks Vania! :) I really can't wait to read this book, it sounds fantastic.


Marisa: I received two books in the mail this week and then I bought one.



Swoon by Nina Malkin

SIN IS COMING...PREPARE TO SWOON

Torn from her native New York City and dumped in the land of cookie-cutter preps, Candice is resigned to accept her posh, dull fate. Nothing even happens in Swoon, Connecticut...until Dice's perfect, privileged cousin Penelope nearly dies in a fall from an old tree and her spirit interwines with that of a ghost. His name? Sinclair Youngblood Powers. His mission? Revenge and while Pen is obvious to the possession, Dice is all too aware of Sin. She's intesely drawn to him—but not at all crazy abolut the havoc he's wreaking.

Determined to exorcise the demon, Dice accidentally sets Sin loose, gives him flesh, makes him formidable. Now she must destroy an even more potent—and irresistible—adversary before the whole town succumbs to Sin's will. Only trouble is, she's in love with him.

What do you do when the boy of your dreams is too bad to be true?

I got this book in the mail yesterday! It sounds awesome and I can't wait to read it! I also really love the cover.



Intertwined by Gena Showalter

Most sixteen-year-olds have friends. Aden Stone has four human souls living inside him:

One can time-travel.

One can raise the dead.

One can tell the future.

And one can possess another human.

With no other family and a life spent in and out of institutions, Aden and the souls have become friends. But now they''re causing him all kinds of trouble. Like, he''ll blink and suddenly he''s a younger Aden, reliving the past. One wrong move, and he''ll change the future. Or he''ll walk past a total stranger and know how and when she''s going to die. He's so over it. All he wants is peace. And then he meets a girl who quiets the voices. Well, as long as he''s near her. Why? Mary Ann Gray is his total opposite. He''s a loner; she has friends. He doesn''t care what anyone thinks; she tries to make everyone happy. And while he attracts the paranormal, she repels it. For her sake, he should stay away. But it''s too late…. Somehow, they share an inexplicable bond of friendship. A bond about to be tested by a werewolf shape-shifter who wants Mary Ann for his own, and a vampire princess Aden can''t resist. Two romances, both forbidden. Still, the four will enter a dark underworld of intrigue and danger-but not everyone will come out alive….

I saw this book at Chapters and I had to get it! It sounds fantastic and I love the cover. But I'm a bit confused because I thought this book was suppose to come out September 1st??




Never Slow Dance With A Zombie by E. Van Lowe

Principal Taft's 3 Simple Rules for Surviving a Zombie Uprising:

Rule #1: While in the halls, walk slowly and wear a vacant expression on your face. Zombies won't attack other zombies.

Rule #2: Never travel alone. Move in packs. Follow the crowd. Zombies detest blatant displays of individuality.

Rule #3: If a zombie should attack, do not run. Instead, throw raw steak at to him. Zombies love raw meat. This display of kindness will go a long way.

On the night of her middle school graduation, Margot Jean Johnson wrote a high school manifesto detailing her goals for what she was sure would be a most excellent high school career. She and her best friend, Sybil, would be popular and, most important, have boyfriends. Three years later, they haven't accomplished a thing! Then Margot and Sybil arrive at school one day to find that most of the student body has been turned into flesh-eating zombies. When kooky Principal Taft asks the girls to coexist with the zombies until the end of the semester, they realize that this is the perfect opportunity to live out their high school dreams. All they have to do is stay alive....

I received this book in the mail today and E. Van Lowe was kind enough to sign the book, include a letter and send me three bookmarks and buttons for Briana, Arielle and I. How awesome is that?!? I can't wait to read this! It sounds great and I also love the cover of this one too!

18 comments:

  1. Good looking book choices. I want to read them all. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wanna read After, Swoon, and Intertwined. They sound like great books. Happy reading!

    ~Briana :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky find, Intertwined doesn't come out until September! I want to read all of those books, especially After. You had a great week(:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yayyyyy we both got Intertwined & Never Slow Dance With A Zombie..Happy Reading!

    -Eleni

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Never Slow Dance looks so good...I totally want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome books this week. Never Slow Dance With A Zombie looks awesome. I got Intertwined(today) 2 its really good, i read the 1st page then i was hooked lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great books you got this week they all sound really really good. I got Swoon the other day. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to read all those books! After sounds amazing, and Never Slow Dance With A Zombie seems awesome. Enjoy!

    - Alex

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey girls!! I've given y'all a blog award!!! The books look good - I'm drooling right now!

    http://bookwormbarista.blogspot.com/2009/08/think-of-song-thriller-when-you-read.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great books this week! I've heard good things about Intertwined, and I can't wait to read it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got After too I'm very impress with the research the author did. Happy Reading!

    Peace
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. I got Intertwined this week too. Sounds good and I can't wait to read it. After was amazing. Very, Very Good! Happy Reading

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to read all of those books! I'm so jealous! Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice week, they all sound brilliant! Hope you enjoy them all :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! We love to hear from you!