Home    Reviews    Review Policy    About BAM    Double Dose

Monday, June 15, 2009

New Movie Monday (3)

This wasn't the best week I've had (DVD-wise). Not that it was bad or anything, but it just didn't blow me away. Sorry the post is so late, I was finishing Betrayed by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast. There will be reviews up, me and Arielle are planning on doing a double review for The Hunger Games, maybe a triple if Marisa wants to join in.


Director: M. Night Shyamalan

Starring: Mark Wahlberg; Zooey Deschanel; John Leguizamo

Genre: Drama/Horror

MPAA: R (for violent and disturbing images)

Rating: C+

I really love world disaster movies and looking at the cover, you would think that this movie is kind of world disaster, right? Wrong. I mean, I guess you can look at it that way, but when I started watching it ... I didn't want to continue. I have a weak stomach and there was some gore right in the beginning. So BEWARE.

The Happening is a 2008 American horror film written, co-produced and directed by M. Night Shyamalan that follows a man and his family as they try to escape from an inexplicable natural disaster. The plot revolves around a mysterious plant neurotoxin that causes any person coming into contact with it to commit suicide. The protagonist, a science teacher named Elliot Moore (Mark Wahlberg), attempts to escape from the substance with his wife and friends as hysteria grips the East Coast of the United States.

This movie was interesting, but I can't say it moved me in any way or changed my life. That's what I love about watching a movie or reading a book, I love how they can change your whole way of thinking. This movie does get mildly creepy, just in case you try to stay away from that.


Director: Will Gluck

Starring: Nicholas D'Agosto; Eric Christian Olsen; Sarah Roemer

Genre: Comedy

MPAA: PG-13 (for crude and sexual content throughout, partial nudity, language and some teen partying.)

Rating: C

This movie looked hilarious from the trailers and I was really excited to see it. I wish I hadn't gotten excited though, because I was pretty bored to be honest.

Nicholas D'Agosto and Eric Christian Olsen headline this teen comedy concerning two high-school football players who attempt to avoid another summer at football camp by becoming cheerleaders. Out on the gridiron, Gerald R. Ford High School students Shawn Colfax (D'Agosto) and Nick Brady (Olsen) are star players. But summer is drawing near, and this year neither Shawn nor Nick can stomach the prospect of spending their sun-soaked months lunging at tackling dummies and getting berated by their coach. Fortunately, Nick has a brilliant solution to their current dilemma: sign up for cheerleading camp and spend the summer surrounded by gorgeous women. But head cheerleader Carly (Sarah Roemer) can see right through them, and when Shawn falls head over heels for her, their genius plan hits an unexpected hitch.

What else can I say? I didn't enjoy the movie as much as I thought I would ... but Nicholas D'Agosto is some serious eye candy, you have to admit.

-B

2 comments:

  1. I didn't like The Happening too much but Fired Up was alright, and Yes he is very very cute!!!!! yummy! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I just adore Nicholas!

    -Briana

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! We love to hear from you!