Home    Reviews    Review Policy    About BAM    Double Dose

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Arielle's Update

Hey you guys!

I wanted to let you all know that I am finally back from my vacation! Although technically I shouldnt call it a vacation, we didnt even go to where we were supposed to go, the East Coast. Our RV broke down a record of 3 times the whole trip and we only made it to Somerset, PA. Kind of a bummer, but oh well, we still had some fun.

I was going to do a bunch of extra posts, but I decided to do one mass post! :)


First off, when I arrived home at 1:00 am, I was happily surprised to find a package waiting for me! And it was my first ARC!!! Briana had also received this ARC and it is called Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. I was very happy to come home to something in the mail for me! :) And hopefully I can read this book soon because it sounds so amazing!!!

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along.

With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.


Secondly, I read a few books on my vacation so I thought I would post a review.

Before I Die by Jenny Downham

Published 2007
326 Pages
Rating: B-

Everyone has to die. We all know it.
With only a few months of life left, sixteen-year old Tessa knows it better than most.
She's made a list, though - ten things she wants to do before she dies. Numer one is sex. Starting tonight.
But getting what you want isnt easy. And getting what you want doesnt always give you what you need. And sometimes the most unexpected things become important.
(taken from back of book)

I was kind of skeptical about this book because I am not a fan of books where people die... I am a very emotional person. Also this book is set in England and some language that Downham uses wasnt something that I was used to, but I got used to it after a while.

Tessa has been diagnosed with cancer since she was 10, and lately she has been sick of being sick. She knows she is going to die soon and she doesnt want to spend the rest of her time in bed just dying. She wants to live her life, thus the reason she writes a list of 10 things she wants to do before she dies. Some are illegal. Some hurt her. Some hurt others. But most make her finally feel alive. She never regrets doing any one thing on her list and in the end her life has never been more exciting. Filled with doubt, temptation, love and friendship, Tessa battles cancer and finally opens up to the amazing world around her.

I tried not to give much detail in this review because I never want to spoil anything for you guys, and I am afraid if I said too much I would do just that. This is a fairly good book and I think most of you would enjoy it.

fyi, this book may not be suitable for those under 13.


And lastly, I definitely think all you guys should enter our CONTEST!!!! It is a really good book and I promise you that you will like it! The cover looks odd, but it is really great! So enter!!!

Sorry I dont have any pictures from my trip for you guys, but maybe I will later!

-Arielle.


8 comments:

  1. Hush, Hush was AMAZING! It was my first ARC as well. I can't wait for your review! Oh, and FYI, there's going to be a different ending to the book when it's released. I just figured that out so I figured I'd share this with you.

    Oh, and hope you had a lot of fun on your trip, even if you didn't get where you originally planned! :)

    shutupimreading.blogspot.com
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Hush Hush and loved it its such as good book
    and before I die will make you cry its suh a good story !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in Ohio, and everytime we visit family in Pennsylvania we stop halfway in Somerset. I love the restrooms there.

    Hope you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got my ARC of Hush Hush too! I CAN'T WAIT TO START IT<3!

    Hm, this book sounds different. I'm curiousss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hush, Hush really sounds amazing. I've read most of Before I Die but was too scared to read to the end.

    I have an award for you guys at my blog: http://iwasateenagebookgeek.blogspot.com/2009/08/feature-length-award-special.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cover of after -- how it's kind of tricksy : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you guys!

    I cant believe they are making a different ending for Hush, Hush.. that is weird. But I am still excited to read it, and that it was many of you guys first ARC's as well! That is great!

    Before I die will definitely make you cry! I know I was in tears a few times!

    -Arielle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to read Hush, Hush! Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! We love to hear from you!