Happy Tuesday! Well, technically it's Wednesday, but I'm going with it! I finally decided to participate in the amazing Top Ten Tuesday. I look forward to these posts every week so I'm shocked it's my first time participating. Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and it's a weekly feature/meme that gives you the chance to share your top 10 (insert adjective here) books!
- Small Town Sinners by Melissa Walker: This was the first book I've read by Melissa Walker and I've been stalking her books on Goodreads for a while! Her covers are SO attractive. I'm a big fan of photographed covers with a little extra added to them. While the covers are what originally attracted me to Walker's books, she knows how to back them up with a great read.
- Speechless by Hannah Harrington: Okay. I know what you might be thinking. This is one of your favorite covers? There is no cover. That's why I love this so much. With all of the different covers out there, you have to stand out somehow. I think whoever thought of leaving the cover mostly blank was a genius. It gave my eyes a break for once and let me focus on the actual story. Which brings me to another reason why this landed in my top 10. When you read the book, you might understand the symbolism behind the cover. Bottom line: I love this cover or lack of.
- Insurgent (Divergent #2) by Veronica Roth: Don't get me wrong, I love the cover of Divergent. But the cover of Insurgent?! While they're similar, I'm in love with the color scheme of Insurgent's cover. It's so peaceful like Amity and just PRETTY. LOVE.
- On the Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves: If you couldn't already tell from the blog itself, blue is one of my favorite colors. So there's the photographed cover which already makes this cover a front runner. Then in the photograph there's an amazing beach with gorgeous blue water? Win.
- Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma: One of my favorite types of books to read are ones with forbidden love stories in it. You know, the kind of relationship that is either looked down upon, against the law, or just plain WRONG. This cover executes the whole forbidden love theme very well and is one of the main reasons why I decided to read it.
- Salvaged by Stefne Miller: Can someone please tell me why so many people are disgusted by feet? I don't understand it. They're kind of like hands... just on your legs. Anyway, this cover makes me want to just lay in my back yard and read a good book. This cover screams "summer read"!
- That Summer by Sarah Dessen: Even though this isn't my favorite Sarah Dessen novel, the new covers are AMAZING. They're just the makeover that these books needed to keep people reading them. First, the blending of the pink and orange in "Sarah Dessen" is so perfect and pretty. I love the simplicity of "That Summer" also. And pretty much any book with a beach on it makes me want to read it, so that's sold.
- Identical by Ellen Hopkins: Lets just say if I didn't limit this list to only having one Ellen Hopkins book on it, her titles would take up most of it. I think Ellen Hopkins is pretty well known for her covers and how amazing they are. I just want to take a second to protest against the new covers for the Crank series, by the way. Stick with the old ones please!
- I am the Messenger by Markus Zusak:
- Twilight by Stephenie Meyer: You can hate on the book all you want, but you have to admit... the covers hit the spot. They're so PRETTY. A lot of you will probably disagree with me, but hey, besides word of mouth... something convinced people to read these books. And I'm pretty sure it was the cover. By the way, if you click on the link within the title, you can read my very first review! It's kind of embarrassing but you gotta start somewhere, right?!
So what are the top 10 favorite covers of books that you've read? Let me know in the comments or share your link so I can come check out your post!