Home    Reviews    Review Policy    About BAM    Double Dose

Monday, February 7, 2011

The Pace by Shelena Shorts


Publisher: Lands Atlantic Publishing, August 2009

Source: Received for review from author

Edition: Paperback

# of pages: 302

Rating:





Weston Wilson is not immortal and he is of this world. But, aging is not part of his existence, and eighteen-year-old Sophie Slone is determined to find out why. In doing so, she could also uncover something about her own life expectancy that she may not want to know. Suddenly, immortality will mean everything and nothing all at the same time. Intensely fascinating and rich with determination, The Pace brings together romance, mystery, and suspense in a compelling bond that is sure to have readers asking for more.



First of all, I want to apologize for my lack of reviews on the blog and for all the book reviews that are now long overdue. I feel terrible but unfortunately school and such has taken over. Though, as of now, I'm going to try to and write more reviews. Starting with The Pace by Shelena Shorts :)

This book was pretty interesting right away and I liked Sophie a lot as the main character, there was just something different about her. Weston was also somewhat different from other male characters I've read about and I loved how he wasn't a vampire, werewolf, fairy, ghost or any other average supernatural creature. Shelena pretty much invented her own twist of a paranormal creature and I liked how Weston actually had a few weaknesses. I also thought that the chemistry between the two was well described and written.

As a whole the book was very good and I loved the flashbacks and the twists throughout the book. There were several parts in the book that surprised me and as the story went on, more and more things started to unravel and finally at the end Shelena finishes with a huge cliffhanger! Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the good cliffhanger here and there but only when I can go out and buy the next book right away to figure out what happens. Unfortunately, the second book in the series isn't available in Canada yet, I think, so I'll have to wait for it!

Some things I didn't like about the book were that some parts of Sophie's and Wes' relationship felt rushed but I can understand why. I know that a lot of people have said that this book reminds them of the Twilight saga and it in fact did remind of me of the books too but I still enjoyed it and in all honesty, almost all books are similar these days.

To conclude, I recommend this book to all you teens who are in need of a fast-paced, heart pumping good read with a thrilling storyline.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! We love to hear from you!