Home    Reviews    Review Policy    About BAM    Double Dose

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Reading Challenges??

Okay, so lately I haven't really been part of the book blogging world thanks to school, family, and other obligations, but I still check out the "Dashboard" from time to time to see what is happening. And lately I have been seeing 2010 Reading Challenges. I have always wanted to do a reading challenge, but for some reason..I don't do them. I think that I am kind of scared that I wont finish it, or forget about it, and etc. But for 2010 I feel like I NEED to do one. Dont ask me why, because I dont really know why, but they seem fun, and I am finally up for the challenge. lol.

So with that, I am curious to see who is planning on doing a 2010 Reading Challenge, and if so, which one are you doing?

I know there are many out there, and there will probably be more coming into the book blogging light over the next few weeks as 2009 turns into 2010 (crazy, I know!). I have just seen a good hand-full of them lately, but if you could post a comment about if you are doing one, why you are doing one, and which one..that would be greatly appreciated.

I am just wondering who is up for a Reading Challenge. I am hoping to sign up for one, but I want to find the one that is right for me..so if you guys could help me out and point me in the direction of some good ones, or the one you are doing, that would be fantastic!

Thanks :)
-Arielle

7 comments:

  1. I think this would be a great one for you to do. I know I'm planning to do it next year: http://athomewithbooks.blogspot.com/2009/10/awesome-author-challenge-2010.html

    ~Briana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be participating in the Countdown 2010 Challenge:

    http://1morechapter.com/countdown/

    and the 2010 YA Reading Challenge:

    http://j-kaye-book-blog.blogspot.com/2009/11/new-reading-challenge-2010-young-adult.html

    + whatever else I come across that appeals to me! :D Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing so many challenges in 2010 that I'm beginning to think I'm insane...LOL! However, there is a lot of crossover so...

    You can see a few of the 2010 challenges I'm doing on my left sidebar (I'll be adding more soon!). I also have a blog solely for keeping track of my challenges: http://truebookaddictchallenges.blogspot.com/

    Also, I'm hosting for the end of this year, a Christmas Reading Challenge:

    http://thetruebookaddict.blogspot.com/2009/10/christmas-reading-challenge.html

    and I'm hosting The Michener Challenge starting January 1st:

    http://themichenerchallenge.blogspot.com/

    I'll be watching you in my reader to see which challenge(s) you decide to join. And believe me, I know about school and being busy...I'm a history/English major!

    =o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not entering reading challenges any more. I learned at my expense that while they are fun, it's best to avoid them, cause they are like cherries (or chocolate) and when you enter one you can't help but enter another, and so on... and before you know better you have entered about a gazillion reading challenges. It's like an addiction, really. Unless you can really control yourself and join only a couple... but that's not my case, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you want to look through all the challenges coming up to get an idea of what's right for you, check out A Novel Challenge at http://www.novelchallenges.blogspot.com/

    Personally, I'm only joining challenges this year that I think are important - the GLBT Challenge, the Women Unbound Challenge, that sort of thing. Though I might break down and join the YA Reading Challenge again, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you to all who have answered this question so far! It is great hearing about your plans for reading in 2010. These all sound so fantastic and I will look more into them over the weekend, and hopefully by Sunday night I will have one or maybe a few picked out (lol).

    Thank you guys! :)

    -Arielle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm participating in The Story Siren's 2010 challenge. I'm actually going to COMPLETE this one. I've been in three other challenges (but I dropped out of two...the third one I'm still kind of in. Sort of.) I think you should go for the Story Siren's challenge! It looks like it'll be a LOT of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! We love to hear from you!